The Australian Government’s Senate Environment and Communications References Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the National Landcare Program. If you are interested in making a submission read further.
Terms of Reference for the Inquiry:
The history, effectiveness, performance and future of the National Landcare Program, including:
1. the establishment and performance of the Natural Heritage Trust;
2. the establishment and performance of the Caring for Our Country program;
3. the outcomes to date and for the forward estimates period of Caring for Our Country;
4. the implications of the 2014-15 Budget for Landcare programs, in particular, on contracts, scope, structure, outcomes of programs and long-term impact on natural resource management;
5. the Government’s policy rationale in relation to changes to Landcare programs;
6. analysis of national, state and regional funding priorities for Landcare programs;
7. how the Department of the Environment and the Department of Agriculture have, and can, work together to deliver a seamless Landcare program;
8. the role of natural resource management bodies in past and future planning, delivery, reporting and outcomes; and
9. any other related matters.
Date for submissions: close 8 August 2014, with the Committee due to report on 29 October 2014.
How to make a submission: for info on how to make a submission go to link